Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Create the mobile apps that will drive the future. The mobile application industry is rapidly growing - with millions of people using apps each day the industry needs innovative, creative and skilled professionals. Companies want employees to help them create 'the next big thing' in mobile app technology. Demand for high quality mobile apps continues to grow and to create these apps requires expertise in the latest technologies. On graduation, you can move into Honours in IT or straight into employment. Chances are, the job you'll end up having doesn't even exist today. The degree will place you at the forefront in this industry with a particular focus on developing apps for mobile platforms such as Android - the most popular mobile operating system in the world - as well as the security implications of mobile development. The degree has been designed to provide you with the key IT knowledge and skills you'll need in the workplace. You'll obtain a core of basic skills, common to all branches of IT, while at the same time developing extensive expertise in wireless mobile communications, cloud computing, programming, system architecture, design, user experience, networking and security.
This program consists of 360 credit points. Students will complete 20 core courses, and 4 elective courses, and a zero credit point IT Professional Engagement course.
- Mobile app development
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 1 and 2: satisfactory completion in two units (any study combination) of Maths: General Mathematics, Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any Mathematics
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application.
This program holds Professional Level accreditation with the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on your eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. If you are seeking alternate entry into the Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile App Development) you can consider applying for the following programs: Diploma of Information Technology; Diploma of Digital Media Technologies; Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST) Program - designed to provide you an alternate entry into tertiary study; Enrol in single units (courses): ITECH1101 IT Problem Solving (Semester 1) and ITECH1103 Big Data And Analytics (Semester 2). Re-apply with credit to the Bachelor of Information Technology for the next semester. Students can progress to the Bachelor of Science (Honours) as a prelude to a higher degree in research or a professional qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $72,900||Yes||No information available|
|Gippsland (Churchill)||International: $72,900||Yes||No information available|
|Berwick||International: $72,900||Yes||No information available|
Further information: study.federation.edu.au