Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Make your brand a household name. Create global advertising campaigns. Engage your customers through the latest social media trends. If you enjoy the corporate world and are interested in how to promote companies too. With our newly structured double major in Marketing and Information Technology - you will develop strong communication, academic and problem solving skills; critical attributes for success in the Accounting and IT sectors. You will learn programming skills to facilitate smooth communication with software developers, and explore web design, systems modelling and user experience.
- 360 credit points (equivalent to 24 units). The 16 core units comprise: 7 business units
- 7 information technology units
- 9 marketing units
- and 1 work-integrated learning unit.
- Principles Of Accounting And Finance, Fundamentals Of Law, Management Principles, It Problem Solving, Principles Of Economics, Introduction To Marketing, Understanding The Digital Revolution, Big Data And Analytics, Principles Of Responsible Business, Business Communications, Services Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, Creativity And Innovation, Consumer Behaviour, Social Media Marketing, International Marketing, Product Management, Marketing Communication, Marketing Strategy And Analysis, Big Data Management Or Analysing The Modern Business, It Strategy And Governance, Web Design Or Emerging Information Systems, User Experience Or Business Analytics & Decision Support
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 students (2018) and recent secondary graduates (2016 and 2017) Units 3 and 4 any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 Entire academic record
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher.
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies in a relevant area. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on your eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. Candidates seeking alternate entry to the Bachelor of Business can consider the following options; Enrol in single units (courses) such as: BUACC1508 Principles of Accounting and Finance BUMKT1501 Introduction to Marketing BULAW1502 Fundamentals of Law BUHRM1501 Introduction into Human Resource Management Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST) - designed to provide you an alternate entry into tertiary study. On successful completion of FAST, students can apply for the Bachelor of Business for the next semester.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $76,500||Yes||No information available|
All students will be required to undertake Work Integrated Learning. Further information: study.federation.edu.au