Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package. It reflects the role of individuals who use a broad range of event-related skills and sound knowledge of event management processes to coordinate event operations. They operate independently and make operational event management decisions. Events are diverse in nature and this provides a pathway to work for event or exhibition organisations operating in a range of industries, including the tourism and travel, hospitality, sport, cultural, and community sectors. Work could be undertaken in an office environment where the planning of events takes place, on-site at venues where events are staged or a combination of both.
- 20 units: 11 core
- 9 elective
- Core: Source and use information on the events industry
- Coordinate on-site event registrations
- Manage event staging components
- Manage on-site event operations
- Enhance customer service experiences
- Manage finances within a budget
- Establish and conduct business relationships
- Lead and manage people
- Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- Monitor work operations
- Manage projects. Plus electives.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education. Certificate III in a relevant area of study or relevant employment experience is strongly recommended.
Advanced Diploma of Events; or advanced diploma or degree programs in business management, creative industries, events, hospitality, sport, tourism or travel
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Dandenong||International: $14,550||Yes||No information available|