Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Community Services Training Package. It reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing and evaluating curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
- 28 units: 23 core
- 5 elective
- Core: Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- Develop cultural competence
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Provide care for children
- Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- Provide care for babies and toddlers
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- Nurture creativity in children
- plus more. Electives: Develop teams and individuals
- Meet information needs of the community
- Provide mentoring support to colleagues
- Undertake research activities
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
Entrance requirements vary between providers.
Upon successful completion students have responsibility for the supervision of other staff and volunteers, and in most Australian states it is the highest qualification required at director or service manager level.