Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Aviation Training Package. It reflects the roles of flight crew personnel performing normal and emergency commercial pilot duties in support of commercial or Defence aviation flight operations. Flight crew duties include applying technical and non-technical aviation skills and knowledge to a wide range of air transport operations, including passenger, charter and cargo operations. Individuals working at this level will apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and defined responsibility in known or changing contexts and within broad but established parameters. Use for Defence Aviation is to be in accordance with relevant Defence Orders, Instructions, Publications and Regulations.
- 29 units: 28 core
- 1 elective
- Core: Maintain aircraft radio communications
- Implement aviation risk management processes
- Manage safe flight operations
- Plan a flight under visual flight rules
- Licence to operate a commercial aeroplane
- Operate and manage aircraft systems
- Apply aeronautical knowledge to aviation operations
- Execute advanced aeroplane manoeuvres and procedures
- Control aeroplane on the ground
- Take off aeroplane
- Land aeroplane
- Manage aircraft fuel
- plus more and electives.
Standard entry requirements
Meet the requirements set by CASA or Defence Aviation for specific pilot entry
Additional requirements must be fulfilled in line with the current Civil Aviation Safety Regulations before a licence will be issued. People seeking certification should check these requirements with CASA.