Type of institution: Registered Training Organisation
This qualification is part of the Community Services Training Package. It covers workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
- 13 units: 7 core
- 6 elective
- Core: Provide individualised support
- Support independence and well being
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Work with diverse people
- Work legally and ethically
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care. Elective streams: Ageing
- Home and community. Plus electives.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education. Minimum work requirement of 120 hours applies.