More information about William Angliss Institute - Higher Ed Add
In Melbourne, Australia, William Angliss Institute has devoted the last 70 years to inspiring students and providing specialist education and training in food, tourism and hospitality. Each year, 1500 of the 24,000 students enrolled are international students based in Melbourne. On average, over 87 per cent of our graduates found work or went on to further study within six months of completing their course.
Learning what you love
At William Angliss Institute we understand that to be successful in the food, hospitality or tourism industries you need a balance of expert knowledge and real experience. We prepare our graduates for the real world in state-of-the-art live and simulated classrooms. When you train as a baker, a chef, a travel agent, a hotel manager or a barista you are surrounded by the latest professional equipment. William Angliss Institute gives you a head start in the workplace with invaluable, first-hand experience.
William Angliss Institute has over 263 qualified academic staff who have industry experience.
With the food and hospitality industries in particular, experience is invaluable. The institute has industry-standard training facilities, including:
- over 110 classrooms and four lecture theatres spread over six buildings
- over 400 computer terminals
- TV and audio equipment fixed in many classrooms or supplied as required
- 12 training kitchens, four training bakeries and three training restaurants open to the public with seating for 250 people
- Coffee Academy and Wine Sensory Evaluation Centre
- three accommodation training units
- online reservation systems used throughout the travel industry
- a commercial conference centre
- food technology laboratories.
We understand that practical experience is extremely valuable to your professional development, so we make our courses as flexible as possible to fit around your work. We also offer course credits if you have relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management - 058617K (including one year of work-integrated learning)
- Bachelor of Culinary Management - 058616M (including one year of work-integrated learning).
Study abroad program
The program will enable you to study for a period of one or two semesters in either the Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management or the Bachelor of Culinary Management. You will be able to choose subjects that will help you to meet the subject requirements of the course at your home institution, or you could broaden your educational experience by studying subjects not available at your home institution.
Increasingly, employers are demanding graduates with degrees as well as the experience and the capability to add value to their organisations. The work-integrated learning opportunities provided by the institute during these courses equip graduates to meet this demand.
Students are encouraged to find their own placement opportunities. Nevertheless, assistance will be available if required through Angliss Careers and Employment and the work-integrated learning coordinator.
555 La Trobe Street MELBOURNE VIC Australia