More information about Wesley College Melbourne Add
Wesley College Melbourne, registered school number one, is a coeducational school of the Uniting Church with a rich tradition on which to base its liberal, broadly based curriculum. Opened on 18 January 1866, Wesley College has enriched the lives of thousands of young people in its 146-year history.
International students from all backgrounds, countries, religions and cultures study at Wesley because of its excellent educational reputation, facilities and student support.
In 2011 our students achieved impressive results in both the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB DP), recording a median ATAR score of 85.70. In addition, one student scored an ATAR score of 99.54; 17 students had an ATAR above 99; and 98.17 per cent of all students received a first-round tertiary place, with 58 per cent of our 2011 graduates being offered a place at either the University of Melbourne or Monash University.
This is a splendid achievement and a great testament to the teachers at Wesley who, every year, create many individual stories of success.
Graduates from the College have continued their studies at Australian universities with the majority choosing The University of Melbourne or Monash University. In addition, graduates have chosen to study at international universities including Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard in the fields of medicine, law, commerce, politics, science and information technology.
- Elsternwick: three year-olds to Year 9 - 12km from Melbourne CBD.
- Glen Waverley: three year-olds to Year 12 - 15km from Melbourne CBD.
- St Kilda Road: three year-olds to Year 12 - 5km from Melbourne CBD
In addition, a Year 9 residential program operates in Clunes, and there are three outdoor education camps in Victoria, near Paynesville, Healesville and Portland.
- Accommodation: Wesley is able to arrange carefully selected homestay accommodation
- Guardianship: Whilst it is preferred that students nominate a relative or family friend as guardian, Wesley will assist in organising a guardian if this is not possible.
- English as a Second Language (ESL): A variety of programs such as ESL, and programs for gifted and talented students, are in place to support all students
- International student coordinators at each campus provide pastoral care and assistance to students.
- Specialised career and tertiary preparation courses are offered to assist students with studies beyond Year 12.
Opportunities at Wesley College
Wesley College has a wide range of cocurricular programs to support students' learning:
- performing and visual arts programs
- social service
- outdoor education programs
At Wesley College, we know and understand learning and we're excited about it. Wesley College offers a broad curriculum, a balanced approach to learning, a concern for the whole student and the provision of opportunities for all young people to know, to do, to live with, to be, within an innovative and caring environment.
In Years 9 and 10, the curriculum enables students to develop the skills they will need to prepare for the academic rigour of senior studies in addition to becoming responsible citizens in a global society.
In Years 11 and 12, a very wide range of subject choices is offered across:
- Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) - 44 subjects
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBDP) - 26 subjects
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) - 3 subjects.
620 High Street Road Glen Waverley VIC Australia
St Kilda Road
577 St Kilda Road Melbourne VIC Australia
5 Gladstone Parade Elsternwick VIC Australia