More information about University of New South Wales (UNSW) - Study Abroad Add
The University of New South Wales is a comprehensive teaching and research university and a member of the Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia's leading research universities. Almost a quarter of the 52,000 students at UNSW come from over 120 countries, creating a vibrant and cosmopolitan community on campus.
Established in 1949, UNSW is ranked 85th in the world in the 2012-2013 Times Higher Education Rankings and is the first Australian university to receive the prestigious QS Five Star Plus rating in the areas of graduate employability, teaching, learning environment, facilities, culture, internationalisation, innovation, engagement and research.
Located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney and built on 38 hectares of modern landscaping, the main UNSW campus at Kensington has a dynamic educational and communal environment. It is a 20-minute bus ride from the city centre and a 25-minute walk from the beautiful Coogee Beach.
Study Abroad students can study for one or two semesters at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, then transfer credits back to their studies at home. Their home university does need to have a partnership agreement with UNSW for students to be eligible to apply for Study Abroad at UNSW. Study Abroad students enrol in classes alongside full-degree students in fully integrated UNSW classes.
UNSW Study Abroad offers a number of scholarships exclusively to US Study Abroad students. Visit the website for more information and to download the application form.
UNSW Study Abroad provides a wide range of student services from enquiry to day of departure and beyond with alumni activities. Some services provided include:
- assistance with student visa processing
- enrolment into courses prior to arrival
- on-arrival airport transfer service
- accommodation assistance
- orientation program
- academic advising
- cultural and social activities program during the semester
- support services throughout the semester.
Applications and additional information for all programs are available on the website:
Students can apply to fully catered residential colleges or to self-catered apartment style residences on campus, all managed by UNSW Residential Communities. Campus housing is furnished and within walking distance of the campus, shopping and the beach. Students may also choose to find their own accommodation if they wish.
The university offers hundreds of courses delivered by the faculties of:
- Arts and Social Sciences
- The Australian School of Business
- Built Environment
- COFA Art Design Media
- Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) (Canberra campus).
Study Abroad students enrol in a full-time study load of 24 units of course credit per semester and can take any course provided they meet the prerequisites. Exceptions include courses offered through ADFA and Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery courses. Law courses are restricted to students currently enrolled in a law degree.
Students can search through the UNSW Online Handbook at www.handbook.unsw.edu.au to view the full range of courses on offer. Each course entry in the Online Handbook includes information about prerequisites, unit loading, a course outline and important links.
Other study options for Study Abroad students include:
- academic internships for course credit in a variety of disciplines
- a range of short courses offered in the northern hemisphere summer travelling to exciting locations across the vast Australian continent
- research project options for students with sufficient prior studies and experience.
- Located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, the UNSW main campus, built on 38 hectares, has a vibrant educational and communal environment. It is a 20 minute bus ride from the city centre and 15 minutes walk from Coogee Beach.
College of Fine Arts
Cnr Oxford Street & Greens Road PADDINGTON NSW Australia
High Street UNSW SYDNEY NSW Australia