More information about University of New South Wales (UNSW) - Institute of Languages Add
UNSW Institute of Languages provides English language pathways to UNSW Foundation Studies and UNSW Australia (the University of New South Wales). It has been operating for nearly 50 years, and has established a reputation for excellence in language education, as well as language teaching and testing.
UNSW Institute of Languages is internationally known as one of Australia's most comprehensive English language schools. Our courses offer:
- options if you wish to improve your English or gain entry to university
- levels from elementary to advanced
- English for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- highly qualified and experienced teachers who also develop the curriculum
- student satisfaction that shows over 90 per cent agree that their teachers were enthusiastic, helpful and interested
- careful placement in a suitable class and regular assessment to measure progress
- a culturally diverse student mix, with academic help on the UNSW campus
- a safe and secure environment, as noted by over 95 per cent of our students.
Our institute also offers a wide range of testing services, including IELTS, TOEFL, OET and Cambridge.
Our dedicated student services staff offer friendly support during your studies and are on hand to look after your welfare. We understand what it is like to live and study in another country, and organise airport reception and transfer, orientation activities, social activities, accommodation and services to students who are under 18 years of age. Students are able to use all UNSW facilities, including gyms and sporting programs, the library and the free UNSW wi-fi network.
UNSW Institute of Languages offers its courses at two UNSW campuses - one at Kensington and one at Randwick. Resources and technology at both campuses include computer labs and a library support unit.
View all University of New South Wales (UNSW) - Institute of Languages courses
Academic English Pathways
Our pathways help you develop the English language skills for study at university. They include:
- Academic English, which includes levels that help you progress to UEEC or FEEC, or to prepare for an IELTS test
- University English Entry Course (UEEC), which provides students who have a conditional offer with outstanding preparation for university studies
- Foundation English Entry Course (FEEC), which assists you to develop English skills to complete a UNSW Foundation Studies program
- General English, which is often the starting point for a lower level of proficiency. Designed for students who need general English in social, academic and work situations, it is offered at six levels and develops skills in spoken and written language
- Tertiary Orientation Program, which is for students with a full offer from UNSW who need assistance to further develop academic English skills.
In an increasingly competitive professional environment, the ability to use English confidently and effectively is required for a successful career. Professional English courses help you develop the language skills you need to achieve your career goals.
Our courses include:
- English for Law
- English for Business Communication.
See www.languages.unsw.edu.au/courses/professional-english for more information.
223 Anzac Parade, Kensington NSW 2033 Australia
22 King Street, Randwick NSW 2034 Australia