More information about The University of Queensland Add
The University of Queensland (UQ) is ranked in the top 100 universities worldwide, measured by university rankings: the Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS World University Rankings. UQ is rated five stars by the QS Five Star Plus Rating, the highest rating given.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is a world top-100 university* and is one of Australia's most highly ranked and awarded learning and research institutions. It is internationally renowned for its highly awarded teaching staff, world-class facilities and quality research.
With campuses based in and around the city of Brisbane, you will enjoy a diverse community of over 46,000 students, including over 11,000 international students from 134 different countries across the globe.
With great flexibility and choice, UQ offers more than 420 programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and research higher degree levels across a range of disciplines, each informed by world-class research.
At UQ you will be taught by and work alongside researchers who have a passion for education and research excellence, and whose discoveries are answering some of the toughest questions facing humanity.
UQ students receive one of the best learning experiences in Australia as they are guided by experienced teachers and researchers who have won more national teaching awards than at any other Australian university.
Many UQ programs will allow you to undertake practical study options, such as internships and work placements, designed to give you hands-on experience and help you make valuable industry connections for your future career.
While studying at UQ you will get the chance enjoy a wide range of extracurricular activities. The university has world-class sport facilities and more than 190 UQ clubs and societies.
You can also study overseas as part of your degree. Choose from one of over 175 partner universities in 37 countries.
As a UQ student you will graduate with an internationally recognised degree - from an internationally recognised university. You will receive opportunities, choices and support that will enable you to achieve your individual aspirations, to become a leader in your chosen field and to positively impact the society in which you live.
Download the free UQ International Study Gide on your iPhone or Android tablet. Featuring video content, an easy to navigate program finder and comprehensive information for international students applying to, living and studying at, The University of Queensland. www.uq.edu.au/international-students/study-guide-app.
*2013-2014 UQ was ranked 43 QS World University Rankings I 63 Times Higher Education Rankings I
85 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARW). UQ is also a member of the Group of Eight and Universitas 21 alliance.
There are a range of student services on offer including:
- online and in country pre-departure sessions
- free airport pick-up
- comprehensive orientation sessions
- access to the First Year Engagement team, a team of student volunteers who can answer a range of questions and offer support
- Mates@UQ, a program that runs events and helps students meet new people
- Chat Mates, allows students to improve their English fluency and confidence
- Aussie Family Mates, allows international students experience the Aussie culture and lifestyle
- free learning support programs such as Jump Start Academic Preparation Program (JSAPP)
- an English language program offered at no additional charge through ICTE-UQ during first and second semester
- study skills workshops that are run throughout the academic year - assignment writing, exam preparation, group work, presentation skills and more
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions where students who have already completed courses to assist students currently studying
- disability support services
- health services (counselling, minor surgery, travel advice, and vaccinations)
- pastoral care
- UQ Colleges Associate Membership Program, allows undergraduate students to enjoy academic and social benefits of participating residential colleges, without living on campus
UQ has the largest and most flexible range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Queensland, with many programs offering mid-year intake.
Students may have the option to undertake a dual degree program allowing them to graduate with two bachelor degrees at once but in a shorter period of time.
Undergraduate students interested in pursuing a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) or a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at UQ, have the option of fast-tracking their career by completing an undergraduate Honours degree.
UQ has high-quality programs and courses in the following areas of study:
- Agriculture, Animals, Food and Environment
- Business, Economics, Law and Tourism
- Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology
- Humanities, Social Science, Education and Arts
- Science, Geography and Planning
For more information visit: www.uq.edu.au/study
Other study options
The UQ Institute of Continuing and TESOL Education (ICTE-UQ) offers opportunities to develop English language skills for academic, professional or personal purposes - www.icte.uq.edu.au. CRICOS code: 00091C
UQ Foundation Year (UQFY) prepares students for entry into the first year of an undergraduate program at UQ - www.foundationyear.com. CRICOS code: 01697J
The Associate Degree in Business offered through UQ College is a pathway into the UQ Bachelor of Business Management program -www.uq.edu.au/study/program.html?acad_prog=1604#international
The University of Queensland UNI OF QUEENSLAND QLD Australia
11 Salisbury Road WEST IPSWICH QLD Australia
The University of Queensland Gatton Campus GATTON QLD Australia
Level 2, School of Population Health 887 Herston Road HERSTON QLD Australia