More information about The University of Notre Dame Add
The University of Notre Dame Australia is a Catholic university committed to ensuring that students receive a personalised, high-quality and affordable education. Notre Dame offers a caring and friendly learning environment, providing courses which are challenging; relevant; and responsive to student, employer and community needs.
Notre Dame follows the traditions and practices of Catholic higher education which, for centuries, in many countries across the world, has offered leadership in university education. The university derived much of its early inspiration and governance from its well-renowned founding partner, the University of Notre Dame Indiana, in the United States. Notre Dame Australia is now part of a very large worldwide network of Catholic universities and colleges.
The university was founded by an Act of Parliament in Western Australia in 1989. Notre Dame has a campus in the historic port city of Fremantle, another in the beautiful coastal town of Broome in the north-west of Western Australia and two sites in Sydney.
The Fremantle and Sydney campuses are located in historic precincts and feature beautifully restored buildings with leafy courtyard settings. As part of each town's vibrant community, students enjoy close access to the beach, shops, markets, sporting facilities, a myriad of cosmopolitan cafes and lively nightlife options of theatre and cinema. There are many public transport choices for travelling to beaches, zoos, parks, sporting venues and riverbank retreats.
In Broome, the campus enjoys a beautiful tropical setting in the magnificent landscape of the Kimberley region - this is a truly different campus from any other in Australia, offering a unique experience for students.
The University of Notre Dame Australia has more than 10,000 students over the three locations, including a good proportion of mature age students. There are international students from more than 48 different countries. This truly international mix contributes to the quality of the classroom experience for all students.
Notre Dame has a vibrant student life at each campus. Notre Dame's aim is to provide a holistic education which includes the physical, intellectual and spiritual aspect of the student. To this end, the university provides a range of student services and clubs, including:
- academic support programs
- peer mentoring programs
- careers advice
- sporting and recreation clubs
- counselling services and equity support.
Notre Dame also offers campus liturgies, provides campus ministry and chaplaincy services, and supports its students in Christian intellectual life through social justice programs.
Undergraduate and postgraduate areas of study
- Broome Campus: Nulungu Research Institute (please check website for available programs)
- Fremantle Campus: accounting, arts, behavioral science, biology, biomedical science, commerce, communications and media, counselling, economics, education, English literature, environmental science, exercise and sport science, finance, geography, Greek studies, health and physical education, history, human biology, human resource management, Italian studies, law, legal studies, management, marketing, nursing, outdoor recreation, pastoral studies, philosophy, physiotherapy, politics and international relations, politics and journalism, preventive health, public relations, science, social justice, sport and recreation management, theatre studies and theology
- Sydney: accounting, arts, behavioral science, commerce, communications and media, counselling, education, finance, human resource management, law, management, marketing, nursing, philosophy, politics and journalism, public relations and theology
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest course listings.
88 Guy Street BROOME WA Australia
19 Mouat Street FREMANTLE WA Australia
140 Broadway BROADWAY NSW Australia