More information about The University of Newcastle - Study Abroad Add
Greetings from the University of Newcastle, Australia! We are a progressive international university and one of Australia's leading research institutions. We have first-class facilities and services, as well as award-winning architecture in spacious grounds.
We have a student population of over 35,500, including over 6,600 international students from more than 100 countries, spread across campuses in Newcastle, Ourimbah and Port Macquarie, as well as nearly 4,000 students studying online across the globe. Adding to our presence in Singapore, we have also established a presence in Sydney. The University of Newcastle in Sydney offers postgraduate business and accounting programs.
There are a lot of exciting things happening in Newcastle. Lonely Planet voted the city in the top ten places to visit in 2011 and the city has revamped itself with new branding and a revitalised outlook for the future.
Newcastle features ten beaches, five of which are within walking distance of the city centre, as well as two ocean water baths. Nobbys Beach, Newcastle Ocean Baths and Newcastle Beach are only a short walk (five to ten minutes) from Newcastle's train station. The sand and surf is alive with activity at any time of the year - from morning walks to surfing with dolphins, surf carnivals, beach cricket and more. This makes our city an enviable choice for anyone that loves the coast or just a laid-back lifestyle.
Our student services and facilities include:
- on-campus health service, including doctors, nurses, a dentist and a physiotherapist
- student hubs - one-stop shops for submitting and collecting assignments; filling online forms; getting parking permits; and learning information about enrolments, exams, student ID cards and fees, which also include lounge areas, complete with cafe facilities
- Centre for Teaching and Learning - providing expert advice on all things academic, including essay writing, exam preparation, English and mathematics skills
- free email account, as well as wireless internet access throughout the campus
- access to four libraries, open seven days a week
- sport facilities, including a 50-metre heated pool, an 18-metre climbing wall, a gymnasium and sporting ovals
- on-campus shops, including cafes, a travel agency, a post office, a bookshop, cafeterias and bars
- on-campus accommodation for over 1000 students
- we can arrange temporary accommodation for your arrival and provide a free accommodation service to assist you in finding off-campus accommodation
- we also offer a homestay service, which provides you with an opportunity to live in a home with an Australian family.
From Australian studies to performing arts and environmental science, we offer a fantastic choice of over 2000 exciting and relevant courses as part of our study abroad program. Among these are courses like marine science, Australian cinema, international trade and finance, 3D graphic design, web engineering, astronomy and satellite positioning, nutrition, public international law and sustainable food production. No matter what your interests, we're sure you'll find the perfect course.
A semester at the University of Newcastle runs over 14 teaching weeks. Study abroad students must enrol for a minimum of 30 units and a maximum of 50 units each semester. For more information about our programs go to www.newcastle.edu.au/what-can-i-study.
How to apply
You can either apply directly to the University or through an official overseas representative of the University.
University Drive CALLAGHAN NSW Australia
Chittaway Road OURIMBAH NSW Australia
Newcastle Business Sch, Sydney
Cnr Bathurst & Sussex Streets SYDNEY NSW Australia
Broken Bay Institute
Building 2 423 Pennant Hills Road PENNANT HILLS NSW Australia
TAFE NSW - North Coast Institute Widderson Street PORT MACQUARIE NSW Australia