More information about RMIT University - English Worldwide Add
RMIT English Worldwide (REW) is one of Australia's leading English language centres, conveniently located in the heart of Melbourne, opposite RMIT's city campus. Established in 1968, REW offers high-quality English language services for social, business or academic purposes in Australia and internationally.
REW programs are designed to teach students to communicate in a wide range of personal, academic and professional situations, with a focus on preparing students for university study. The centre has adopted an interactive approach to teaching English, and students are provided with the language support and opportunities they need to become successful and self-sufficient English speakers.
REW Melbourne is accredited by the National English Language Teaching Accreditation Scheme (NEAS) and is also a member of English Australia and University English Centres Australia (UECA).
REW's commitment to the success of students is demonstrated by the facilities and services provided, which include:
- an Independent Learning Centre (full library and computer facilities)
- multimedia laboratories
- student lounges
- orientation programs
- conversation groups with local Australians
- social activities (ILC movie club, sporting activities and weekend excursions).
The REW Student Services team is dedicated to helping students adjust to their new life in Melbourne and understands their personal and academic needs.
The team advises students on practical matters such as banking, accommodation and everyday living, and provides assistance with RMIT course information, applications and study. The team also coordinates workshops and activities to help transition REW students from language programs to mainstream RMIT programs. These include social networking and community opportunities, as well as cultural and educational workshops.
Students at REW are part of RMIT and benefit from all the services and facilities of a large university, including:
- the RMIT University library
- a counselling service
- a disability support service
- career development
- chaplaincy (including access to prayer rooms)
- social and support activities.
REW programs are supported by passionate, highly experienced teachers and an engaging learning environment.
- English for Academic Purposes
- IELTS testing and preparation courses
- teacher training and professional development programs
- specialised programs for industries including aviation, accounting, education, engineering, oil and gas, and medicine.
6/393 Swanston St Melbourne 3000