More information about RMIT University Add
RMIT is a global university of technology and design, with a reputation for producing some of the most employable graduates in Australia. With a 'learning by doing' philosophy, RMIT ensures that students are engaged with industry throughout their program and graduate work-ready.
RMIT is Australia's largest tertiary institution, with three campuses in Melbourne, two in Vietnam and close to 74,000 students worldwide.
Graduates have gone on to excel around the globe with organisations from Rolls-Royce and KPMG to the UN. With the opening of two new state-of-the-art facilities in 2012 - the Swanston Academic Building and the Design Hub - RMIT students will discover a truly innovative learning experience.
RMIT provides a range of services designed to support students in their studies and enhance their time at RMIT.
Take advantage of:
- arrival services
- the MATES program - a highly recommended program that introduces international students to life in Melbourne and RMIT through the eyes of a local student
- housing advisory services, assisting you with your accommodation needs
- social and political clubs
- sporting clubs and facilities
- health and wellbeing services
- study and English support
- international student advisers.
Please see the full list of services online.
RMIT offers more than 470 TAFE and higher education programs to international students.
Study options include:
- architecture and building
- art and design
- community services and social sciences
- computing and information technology
- education and training
- environment and planning
- health and medical sciences
- media and communication
Programs include English language, foundation studies, certificates and diplomas, associate degrees, bachelor degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, masters degrees by research or coursework, and professional or research doctorates.
Different levels of study at RMIT mean you can explore more than one way of getting the qualification you want. Pathways provide opportunities for students to complete one course to gain entry into higher-level program with or without exemptions. Subject to meeting entry requirements, students can articulate from diploma programs into a bachelor degree and obtain study credit.
RMIT International Industry Experience and Research Program (RIIERP)
Through RIIERP, students have been provided with opportunities to work overseas with some of the world's most influential companies, including Airbus, EADS, Bentley Motors, the Siemens Group, IBM, Nestle, Robert Bosch, Volkswagen and the Rolls-Royce Group in both North America and Europe.
Visit www.rmit.edu.au/RIIERP for more information.
RMIT has exchange partnerships with over 150 educational institutions across 31 countries, giving you opportunities to broaden your academic, personal and professional skills through a semester or two abroad. Shorter study tours of up to a month are also part of many programs.
RMIT is part of an international research community seeking innovative solutions to address emerging global problems. RMIT has four research institutes in the areas of:
- health innovations
- platform technologies
- global cities.
From revolutionising the way diseases are diagnosed and treated to developing Australia's first hydrogen racing car, RMIT is transforming the future.
- Melbourne reflects the influences of more than 230 different nationalities, which have contributed to the city's most popular dining and entertainment destinations. With access to Chinatown, Little Italy, the Greek quarter and the Spanish and Latin flavours of Johnson Street, you will be sure to find a little piece of home. RMIT ensures that inside every classroom the diversity from the world around you is represented. Getting around in Melbourne is easy. With its network of trams, trains and buses you can explore the entire city and surrounding suburbs from morning to night. RMIT's campuses are all easily accessible by public transport.
- RMIT City campus is located in the heart of the city, surrounded by the buzz of city life: myriads of cafes, restaurants, theatres and fashion strips line the streets and laneways.
- Brunswick campus is located in the thriving outer city suburb, popular with Melbourne's up-and-coming musicians, artists and designers, and is lined with thrift stores and student-filled cafes, pubs and markets.
- Bundoora campus is located in a leafy suburb reminiscent of Australia's bushland. The state-of-the-art facilities are surrounded by greenery and large open spaces providing a relaxing study environment.
- Vietnam - RMIT International University Vietnam is Vietnam's first and only fully owned university. Established in 2001, RMIT Vietnam delivers internationally recognised degrees from campuses in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Plenty Road BUNDOORA VIC Australia
124 La Trobe Street MELBOURNE VIC Australia
25-29 Dawson Street BRUNSWICK VIC Australia
Point Cook Airfield
NASMA Building, RAAF Williams POINT COOK VIC Australia