More information about QUT International College - English Language Courses Add
QUT International College (QUTIC), an integral part of Queensland University of Technology, offers a range of English language and academic pathway programs to help international students improve their English for personal, professional or academic purposes, as well as meet the entry requirements for university degree programs.
The college provides:
- an inner city location
- very high success rates of graduates studying in QUT university programs
- a study environment with people from many different countries
- small class sizes
- welfare, language and learning support.
QUT's Kelvin Grove campus is only eight minutes by bus from the Brisbane city centre and offers:
- accommodation services, including homestay
- airport reception
- health and medical services
- gyms, sporting fields, a swimming pool, libraries and 24-hour computer rooms on campus
- a short walk to cafes, a supermarket, ATMs and shops.
English language programs
QUTIC's intensive English language programs are designed to improve students' language skills for professional, personal or academic purposes.
The college offers:
- General English
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and EAP plus
- English for business
- Cambridge first certificate in English preparation course
- English for tertiary preparation
- IELTS preparation
- tailored English and academic study tours.
General English is offered in five-week sessions and is available from elementary to advanced levels. These courses will help students to develop the core skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and will help them to improve fluency and accuracy.
EAP is a 12-week program available to academically qualified students who meet the English entry requirement for EAP and who intend to progress to either a QUT degree program or a QUT International College foundation or diploma program. Successful completion of the program with the appropriate grade will meet the English requirement for QUT or QUTIC programs that have an IELTS requirement of 6.5 or less.
EAP plus is a 24-week program that enables academically qualified students to commence an EAP program at an earlier stage of their language development. Students must meet the language requirement level for this program.
IELTS advanced is a high-level IELTS preparation program designed to help prepare students who require an IELTS score of 7. The minimum entry requirement is an IELTS score of 6.5 (no sub-score less than 6). Students will take an official IELTS test at the end of the 15-week program.
University entry pathways
QUTIC provides a range of high-quality university entry programs that prepare students to meet the entry requirements of all QUT faculties. These programs also enable students to become familiar with Australian culture and study, take a pathway to complete a degree at QUT and/or complete the requirements to receive a QUT university diploma.
The college offers:
- foundation programs (one, two and three semesters)
- diploma programs (business, creative industries and information technology)
- university certificate in tertiary preparation
- postgraduate pathway programs (business and information technology).
Kelvin Grove - English Language Courses
Victoria Park Rd Kelvin Grove Brisbane QLD Australia