More information about Flinders University Add
Flinders University produces graduates who are knowledgeable and have the skills to connect across cultural, political, social and geographic boundaries to tackle major challenges. We have a well-recognised reputation for excellence in teaching and research, consistently ranking among Australia's top universities on a per capita basis for research spending.
Flinders University produces graduates who are knowledgeable, who can communicate effectively, and who have the skills to connect across cultural, political, social and geographic boundaries to tackle major challenges.
Based in Adelaide, South Australia, Flinders has a well-recognised reputation for excellence in teaching and research. Our students learn from academics who are experts in their field, linked with industry and providing research insights or expert opinions into their discipline. We consistently rank among Australia's top universities on a per capita basis of research spending, and our academics are regular contributors to professional journals around the world.
We are a true multicultural university. Our university represents a global village, which enables our students to learn in a true multicultural environment. By studying at Flinders, you will learn to communicate with other cultures, develop language skills and tap into knowledge drawn from around the world.
Fast facts about Flinders
- Flinders University has research collaborations with many universities globally.
- We have strong international links with universities and research institutions across Asia, Europe, North America and South America.
- We have over 2500 international students onshore from across the world, representing more than 90 cultures. We are proud of this diversity.
- As a city, Adelaide offers a safe, relaxed lifestyle which combines affordability with a very high standard of living. Adelaide is a family-friendly city.
- South Australia is known as a wine and food centre, and our state is well known for the quality of our produce - from fresh fruit and vegetables through to the finest meat and seafood. We have a vibrant market culture, and the range of food available is also a reflection of our multicultural city.
- Adelaide has a higher ratio of cafes and restaurants to residents than any other city in Australia.
It is not just our academic standards that are high. Our own students are among the most satisfied university students in Australia.
Based on student feedback to i-graduate, the International Student Barometer (ISB), Flinders University is the best Australian university for international student services.
We are also the leading Australian university in terms of arrival support for new students from overseas.
Hear the stories of six international students on our YouTube channel.
Flinders University is designed as a traditional university campus and everything our students need is here, including:
- teaching and study facilities such as our expansive library
- student cafes and places to eat, which include a range of cultural foods and Halal options
- the Student Learning Centre, which provides a range of academic support services, including writing workshops, English language, mathematical skills, oral presentations and general study skills
- health and welfare facilities, such as the Health Service, Counselling Service, Disability Support and Religious Centre
- sports and fitness facilities, including the Sports and Fitness Centre, playing fields and tennis courts
- child and parenting facilities, including our two childcare options
- accommodation both on and off campus, with options for apartments, houses and sharing arrangements.
Student support services are also located on campus. In particular, the International Student Support Unit, which is the first point of contact for international students, is centrally located for ease of access and offers help with a range of support services, including:
- arrival support and airport pick-up
- visa and health enquiries
- international student activities.
Flinders University has a range of recognised programs of study at the undergraduate, postgraduate and higher degree research level.
Our programs include:
- business administration
- environment management
- information technology
- nursing and midwifery
- public health
- social work
- speech pathology
- TESOL and languages.
The Flinders University website contains a full listing of our degree programs and their criteria.
Adelaide College of Divinity
34 Lipsett Terrace BROOKYLN PARK SA Australia
Renmark & Paringa District Hospital Ral Ral Avenue RENMARK SA Australia
182 Victoria Square ADELAIDE SA Australia
Sturt Road BEDFORD PARK SA Australia