More information about Education Queensland International Add
Queensland Government schools provide students with the best choice of study pathways, enabling them to achieve their academic, career and personal development goals in a supportive and healthy environment. Safety, academic excellence, natural beauty, competitive living costs and a healthy outdoor lifestyle make Queensland the best choice for an overseas study experience. Education Queensland International (EQI) is the Queensland Government's dedicated team of professionals that specialises in managing the needs of international students and their families. We look forward to welcoming you to Queensland!
Academic excellence and integrated university pathways
- Queensland's internationally recognised high school qualifications combine theoretical and practical learning to equip students for tertiary studies and professional careers.
- There are strong pathways with universities and TAFE colleges through opportunities to study university subjects in high school and obtain entry and credit for university studies.
- 95 per cent of Queensland Government high school students gain an offer to a tertiary institution.
- Teachers at Queensland Government high schools hold a minimum of a four-year undergraduate university degree, and many have postgraduate qualifications.
- Class sizes are capped, with a maximum of 25 students per class in senior high schools and 30 students per class in junior high schools.
- Students are encouraged to undertake additional cultural and sporting activities, such as playing in the school band, acting in the school play, public speaking and debating, participating in community service groups or playing in a sporting team.
- Schools offer sports such as swimming, tennis, golf, football, volleyball, basketball and athletics. Some also offer water polo, sailing, scuba diving and surfing.
Facilities supporting innovative learning
- Schools have facilities such as computer laboratories linked to university libraries, recording studios, photographic laboratories, multimedia technology and video-conferencing facilities.
Location and lifestyle
- Queensland has modern, cosmopolitan cities and unique country towns.
- The landscape is stunning and diverse, with national parks and World Heritage rainforests, reefs and beaches.
- Queensland Government screened homestays provide a caring and safe family environment.
- All EQI international students arriving in Queensland for the first time enjoy free airport pick-up.
- Students receive pre-departure orientation and school arrival orientation.
- Each EQI school has a specialised international student support team, including an International Student Coordinator (who provides academic and pastoral guidance to international students and assists with school subjects, work experience and overall student life), a Homestay Coordinator (who organises placements and ensures students have an enjoyable homestay experience) and a Guidance Officer (who provides specialist cross-cultural communication, and counselling and advice on academic pathways, career options and personal wellbeing).
- 24-hour multilingual emergency assistance is available.
- Students can access after-school English classes and exam support with an English language specialist.
EQI provides the following programs and services to international students at over 60 registered schools across Queensland. Excellence Programs are available in golf, aviation, dance, soccer, tennis, basketball, performing arts, fine arts, science and mathematics. Approximately 400 schools offer study tours.
The range of courses includes:
- high school preparation
- primary program (Year 1 to Year 7)
- graduate program (Year 8 to Year 12)
- study abroad program (Year 8 to Year 12)
- study abroad - regional (Year 10 to Year 12)
- International Baccalaureate
- study tour programs
- holiday adventures.