More information about Edith Cowan University Add
At Edith Cowan University (ECU), we provide the ideal learning environment for students who want to reach their potential. Located in the beautiful city of Perth, Western Australia, ECU is an innovative university that prides itself on being relevant to the real world. And with over 400 courses, from bachelor degrees through to masters degrees and doctorates, you'll have no problem finding the right course for you.
Established in 1902 as an Advanced College for Teaching and awarded university status in 1991, ECU has a long-standing reputation for teaching excellence. ECU has three locations in Western Australia: one in Joondalup, one in Mount Lawley and one in Bunbury. Regardless of which campus you attend, you will find up-to-date facilities like wireless internet, 24-hour access to large computing lab facilities, libraries with open study spaces available outside of office hours and a safe environment for you to study in either by yourself or with other students.
With over 27,000 students making up the culturally diverse student body, ECU has over 5500 international students from more than 70 countries around the world.
At ECU, we provide a supportive learning environment through a variety of services and facilities, including:
- an arrival reception service
- automated teller machines (ATM)
- a childcare centre/creche
- coffee shops
- e-labs (open 24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- a hairdresser
- health services
- learning advisers
- a library
- orientation programs
- plenty of parking
- security (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- sport and fitness centres
- a student counselling service
- a student guild
- student recruitment and career services.
We recognise that international students have special needs, and we are dedicated to providing support to ensure your success at ECU.
We offer over 400 courses that offer you the flexibility to mix and match, often across different study areas and disciplines. Double majoring across different study areas allows you to specialise in two different areas within a single degree program.
Our study areas include:
- biology, chemistry and environmental science
- communications and arts
- engineering and technology
- exercise, biomedical and health sciences
- law and justice
- medical and paramedical sciences
- psychology and social science
- security and computing
- sport, tourism and hospitality management
- teacher education
- Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
Our courses are often the only of their kind in Western Australia or even Australia. Some of our unique and specialised programs include aviation, broadcasting, counter terrorism security and intelligence, motorsports, performing arts and screen studies.
- ECU is located in the vibrant, sophisticated city of Perth, Western Australia - the closest major Australian city to Asia, Africa and Europe. Perth is known for being friendly, safe and relaxed but offers all the cosmopolitan attractions of a large international city.
- The university has two metropolitan campuses in Joondalup and Mount Lawley and a regional campus in Bunbury, a city 200km south of Perth.
- All campuses offer a wide range of study and recreational facilities and a variety of services.
2 Bradford Street MOUNT LAWLEY WA Australia
270 Joondalup Drive JOONDALUP WA Australia
South West (Bunbury)
Robertson Drive BUNBURY WA Australia