More information about Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) - English Language Centre Add
Receive a superior education. Live in one of the most desirable, modern cities. The Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) is Canberra's leading provider of vocational education and training. Study in a dynamic and multicultural environment. Enhance your English skills!
Why choose CIT?
1. Established in 1928 with over 28,000 enrolments annually
2. Over 1500 international students from more than 86 countries
3. Offers a range of English courses, so, whatever level your English is at, CIT can teach you great skills!
The English Language Centre (ELC) offers flexible, practical study options to enhance your English skills at all language levels: beginner to advanced. Small classes mean teachers provide one-on-one assistance and a supportive learning environment. When you finish your English course, you can continue your studies in Australia, at CIT or at university.
ELC language labs are equipped with specialised computer software and staff dedicated to the development of the individual's language ability, preparing them for further study.
- speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- cross-cultural communication
- developing all aspects of English language and building confidence to use English in practical situations through excursions to tourist sites and special events in Canberra, taking part in themed learning activities (such as popular music, film and leisure activities) and having guest speakers - interaction with native English-speaking CIT students gives students the opportunity to use the new language skills they are learning.
We provide a rewarding study experience at a convenient location at Reid CIT campus in the city - within walking distance to stylish cafés, restaurants and bars, plus many of Canberra's famous attractions.
The International Services Unit (ISU) is staffed by personnel who are well equipped to assist students with any questions, problems or issues that they may have or experience while studying at CIT, such as stress, fitting in and adjusting to their new lifestyle.
CIT offers a range of accommodation options to suit almost every need, with on-campus, off-campus and homestay accommodation!
On-campus accommodation: being a footstep away from classes means you will never be late!
- Off-campus accommodation: a short distance to major campuses and within walking distance of shopping and recreational centres.
- Homestay: stay with an Australian family and experience the exchange of culture in a supportive learning environment.
- Rent your own property: rent your own accommodation in Canberra or rent a share house with others.
Services and facilities for CIT students include:
- international student advisers to assist students with academic and pastoral care
- accommodation placement and airport pick-up
- counselling and equity support whilst studying
- free internet and wi-fi access on all CIT campuses
- prayer rooms
- gym facilities
- hair and beauty salons
- health clinics
- student association.
Study these ELICOS courses:
- Elementary English Language Skills
- Certificate I, II, III or IV in English Language Skills (basic to advanced)
- Certificate IV in Academic English
- Certificate IV in Spoken and Written English (Further Studies)
CIT is currently offering Elementary English and Certificates I-IV in English Language Skills at a discounted cost.
Study from an elementary to an advanced level for just AUD$265 per week (save $95 per week).
*Fees subject to change.
For more information, please see our website.
Reid Campus Constitution Avenue Canberra ACT 2601