More information about Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) - English Language Centre Add
The Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) is Canberra's leading provider of vocational education and
training. Study in a dynamic and multicultural environment. Enhance your English skills!
What's life like at CIT?
- Experience a unique way of learning in an award-winning environment.
- Increase your employment opportunities with internationally recognised qualifications.
- Explore and take part in the Australian lifestyle and culture.
- Pursue your educational goals with one of our pathway partners.
- Form new and rewarding relationships with our diverse student population.
The English Language Centre (ELC)
The ELC offers flexible, practical study options to enhance your English skills at all language levels: beginner to advanced. ELC language labs are equipped with specialised computer software and staff dedicated to the development of the individual's language ability, preparing them for further study.
- speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- cross-cultural communication
- developing all aspects of English language and building confidence to use English in practical situations through excursions visiting tourist sites and special events in Canberra, taking part in themed learning activities (such as popular music, film and leisure activities) and having guest speakers. Interaction with native English-speaking CIT students gives students the opportunity to use the new language skills they are learning.
- general information and enquiries
- help with applications for admission to CIT programs
- program information
- assistance with accommodation placement
- airport pick-up available
- homestay placement
- orientation day
As a CIT student, you have access to a range of services, including:
- 24-hour computer access
- free wireless (wi-fi) across all CIT campuses
- international student advisers to assist students during your studies
- counselling and equity support whilst studying
- CIT student-run businesses, including restaurants, hairdressing salons and gym facilities
- prayer rooms
- on-campus computing labs and libraries
- cafes, bookshops and canteens
- student associations.
Study these ELICOS courses:
- Certificates I, II, III or IV in English for Employment, Study and Life
- Certificate IV in Academic English
- Certificate Iv in Spoken and Written English (Further Studies).
CIT is currently offering Certificates I to IV in English for Employment, Study and Life at a discounted cost. Study from an elementary to an advanced level for just AUD$265 per week (save AUD$90 per week*).
*Fees subject to change.
Reid Campus Constitution Avenue Canberra ACT 2601