More information about Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) Add
Looking for a pathway to university or a career for the future? Change the course of your life, find your career... get real industry skills at the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT).
CIT is a large government institution with over 28,000 enrolments annually and over 1500 international students from more than 86 countries.
The leading provider of Vocational Education and Training in Canberra for over 80 years, CIT is highly regarded by business and the community and offers study in a dynamic, multicultural environment.
Staff are highly qualified industry professionals with national and international experience. Students learn industry-relevant knowledge and skills that are practical and up-to-date with the latest technology and trends.
Canberra is a planned city and Australia's largest inland city, with a population of 360,000. It is located 2-3 hours from Sydney, the beach and the snow. Canberra offers students a cosmopolitan lifestyle, access to native bushland and unexpected delights among its leafy surrounds, including stylish restaurants, hip bars, boutique shopping, great outdoor fun and a busy calendar of events and festivals.
The International Services Unit (ISU) is staffed by personnel who are well equipped to assist students with any questions, problems or issues that they may have or experience while studying at CIT, such as stress, fitting in and adjusting to their new lifestyle.
CIT offers a range of accommodation options to suit almost every need, with on-campus, off-campus and homestay accommodation!
- On-campus accommodation: being a footstep away from classes means you will never be late!
- Off-campus accommodation: a short distance to major campuses and within walking distance of shopping and recreational centres.
- Homestay: stay with an Australian family and experience the exchange of culture in a supportive learning environment.
Services and facilities for CIT students include:
- international student advisers to assist students with academic and pastoral care
- accommodation placement and airport pick-up
- counselling and equity support whilst studying
- free internet and wi-fi access on all CIT campuses
- prayer rooms
- gym facilities
- hair and beauty salons
- health clinics.
Access a range of qualifications - certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas,associate degrees and bachelor degrees - at CIT. Choose from 100+ programs in:
- business and information services
- community care and social work
- design, music and communication
- environment and spatial information
- hairdressing and beauty
- health and fitness
- information technology
- science, forensics and engineering
- tourism and hotel management.
CIT is currently offering Elementary English and Certificates I-IV in English Language Skills at a discounted cost. Study from an elementary to an advanced level for just AUD$265 per week (save $95 per week).
*Fees subject to change.
Study pathways to reputable Australian universities
Certain CIT courses have formal credit transfer arrangements or 'pathways' with a variety of Australian universities, meaning that students can receive recognition or 'credit' for studies completed at CIT and put this towards a degree at university. These study pathways give students the opportunity to reach their academic goals faster! CIT works closely with the top universities across Australia, with strong pathway arrangements with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and Charles Sturt University.
Cowlishaw Street TUGGERANONG ACT Australia
Ainsworth Street PHILLIP ACT Australia
Haydon Drive BRUCE ACT Australia
Constitution Avenue REID ACT Australia
Gungahlin Learning Centre
25 Gozzard Street GUNGAHLIN ACT Australia