More information about Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) Add
Change the course of your life, find your career? get real industry skills at the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT). Study at the largest government TAFE based in Australia's capital city to gain a competitive edge.
What's life like at CIT?
- Experience a unique way of learning in an award-winning environment.
- Increase your employment opportunities with internationally recognised qualifications.
- Explore and take part in the Australian lifestyle and culture.
- Pursue your educational goals with one of our pathway partners.
- Form new and rewarding relationships with our diverse student population.
Over the past ten years, CIT has had thousands of international students from more than 80 different countries complete their studies in a range of diverse courses. CIT is the first choice for many as we are highly regarded by business and the community and offer study in a dynamic, multicultural environment.
CIT has advanced state-of-the-art training facilities with the latest interactive learning environments to incorporate into your learning.
Living in Canberra
Canberra provides you with the experience of living with another culture as well as having the comforts of home. Canberra offers students a cosmopolitan lifestyle; provides access to native bushland; and reveals unexpected delights among the leafy surrounds, including stylish restaurants, hip bars, boutique shopping, great outdoor fun and a busy calendar of events and festivals.
- general information and enquiries
- help with applications for admission to CIT programs
- program information
- assistance with accommodation placement
- airport pick-up available
- homestay placement
- orientation day
As a CIT student, you have access to a range of services, including:
- 24-hour computer access
- free wireless (wi-fi) across all CIT campuses
- international student advisers to assist students during their studies
- counselling and equity support whilst studying
- CIT student-run businesses, including restaurants, hairdressing salons and gym facilities
- prayer rooms
- on-campus computing labs and libraries
- cafes, bookshops and canteens student associations.
Access to over 100 qualifications, including:
- forensic science
- games and virtual worlds
Certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas:
- ACT year 12
- accounting and business management
- communication, music and media
- aged care and community services
- design, fashion and photography
- environment and spatial information
- engineering and technology
- hairdressing, beauty, massage and fitness
- hospitality, tourism and events
- information technology and library
English Language Courses
CIT is currently offering Certificates I-IV in English for Employment, Study and Life at a discounted cost. Study from an elementary to an advanced level for just $265 per week (save $90 per week).
* Fees subject to change.
Pathways to university
Certain CIT courses have formal credit transfer arrangements or 'pathways' with a variety of Australian universities, meaning that students can receive recognition or 'credit' for studies completed at CIT and use this towards a degree at university. CIT works closely with the top universities across Australia, with strong pathway arrangements with the Australian National University, University of Canberra and Charles Sturt University.
Cowlishaw Street TUGGERANONG ACT Australia
Ainsworth Street PHILLIP ACT Australia
Haydon Drive BRUCE ACT Australia
Constitution Avenue REID ACT Australia
Gungahlin Learning Centre
25 Gozzard Street GUNGAHLIN ACT Australia