About the Bachelor of Arts - Dance
An intensive and challenging course where performance and classroom practice are central to the philosophy of the program. The course provides an insight into dance as an art form, and a social and educative experience. It develops skills in communication, critical thinking, research and analysis, and demands that students be creatively productive in whatever area of interest they pursue. Provision is made for students with dance backgrounds other than ballet and contemporary, such as classical Indian dance, to audition and continue to study in their specialist dance style.
Campuses and Duration
|Mount Lawley||3 years|
More information about Edith Cowan University
Edith Cowan University (ECU) has been rated the maximum five stars for teaching quality for the seventh year in a row by The Good Universities Guide. The 2016 edition of the Guide also shows ECU graduates continue to enjoy a five-star rating for starting salaries, for the second year in a row.
ECU is located in Perth, Western Australia. The Economist Intelligence Unit has rated Perth one of the top 10 most liveable cities in the world for the past 12 years (2004-2015). Perth was also rated in the top 30 student cities in the world (QS Best Student Cities 2012-2013).
In addition, ECU has performed extremely well in recent Times Higher Education (THE) rankings:
- Top 150 Under 50 2016 - a global list of the best universities established less than 50 years ago
- World University Rankings 2015-2016 - ECU was ranked in the 501-600 band, recognising its status as a world-class university focused on teaching and research
- Top 200 most international universities in the world - considers each institution's proportion of international staff, students and collaborators on published research.
ECU has two metropolitan campuses - one in Joondalup and one in Mount Lawley, near the capital city of Perth. ECU also serves Western Australia's South West Region from a campus in Bunbury. Located less than 200 kilometres south of Perth, our South West Campus is the largest university campus in regional Western Australia. All of our campuses can be accessed conveniently via public transport.
At ECU, we equip you with the confidence and practical skills to deal with whatever challenges may come your way, no matter where you are in the world. But if that isn't enough, here are a few more reasons why you should choose ECU.
- We offer learning that extends beyond the classroom via practicums, work integrated learning, and internships.
- We are known for our award-winning facilities and are at the forefront of providing innovative education and training solutions.
- ECU qualifications are recognised worldwide, with many graduates gaining employment in varying capacities in Australia and overseas.
- According to the International Student Barometer, ECU's Graduate Research School has been rated among the top three in Australia for five consecutive years (2011-2015), with satisfaction of 95 per cent or higher.
At ECU, we provide a supportive learning environment through our excellent range of facilities, services and support programs, including:
- cafés and other food outlets
- clubs and societies
- e-labs (available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year)
- emergency phones
- a free counselling service
- free wi-fi
- fully equipped modern libraries
- fully equipped sports, recreation and fitness centres
- a hairdresser
- intervarsity sports
- medical centres
- a multi-faith Chaplaincy service
- a night security escort
- on-campus accommodation
- an optometrist
- over 5,100 parking bays across all campuses
- a security service (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- the Student Guild
- well-lit pathways.
We offer a diverse range of courses across eight broad study areas:
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Law
- Engineering and Technology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Teacher Education
- Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
For more information, visit ecugetready.com.au/international.
- ECU is located in the vibrant, sophisticated city of Perth, Western Australia - the closest major Australian city to Asia, Africa and Europe. Perth is known for being friendly, safe and relaxed but offers all the cosmopolitan attractions of a large international city.
- The university has two metropolitan campuses in Joondalup and Mount Lawley and a regional campus in Bunbury, a city 200km south of Perth.
- All campuses offer a wide range of study and recreational facilities and a variety of services.
2 Bradford Street MOUNT LAWLEY WA Australia