About the Bachelor of Arts - Dance
This is an intensive and challenging program where performance and classroom practice are central to the philosophy of the course. It provides an insight into dance as an art form, and a social and educative experience. It develops skills in communication, critical thinking, research and analysis, and demands that students be creatively productive in whatever area of interest they pursue. Provision is made for students with dance backgrounds other than ballet and contemporary, such as classical Indian dance, to audition and continue to study in their specialist dance style.
Campuses and Duration
|Mount Lawley||3 years|
More information about Edith Cowan University
At Edith Cowan University (ECU), we provide the ideal learning environment for students who want to reach their potential. Our commitment to our students is one of the reasons why we were awarded a five-star rating for 'Teaching Quality', 'Overall Satisfaction' and 'Graduate Starting Salary' from The Good Universities Guide 2015.
At ECU, we equip you with the confidence and practical skills to deal with whatever challenges may come your way, no matter where you are in the world. But if that isn't enough, here are a few more reasons why you should choose ECU.
- In The Good Universities Guide 2015, our graduates gave ECU a five-star rating for 'Teaching Quality' and 'Overall Satisfaction' - and we achieved these ratings six years in a row.
- With an extensive range of courses, including a diverse range of majors, minors and electives, you will have no problem finding the right one for you.
- Many of our courses offer direct links with industry and organisations by providing practical work placements and real-work projects.
- We are known for our award-winning facilities and are at the forefront of providing innovative education and training solutions.
- We offer a supportive study environment with approachable teaching staff and a range of support staff, including counsellors and academic skills advisers.
ECU has two metropolitan campuses - one in Joondalup and one in Mount Lawley, near the capital city of Perth. Situated on the banks of the Swan River, Perth is a beautiful, friendly and safe city packed with boutiques, art galleries, eateries and cafes, cinemas, nightclubs and music venues. ECU also serves Western Australia's South West Region from a campus at Bunbury, which is 200 kilometres south of Perth and near Margaret River, a country town known for its wines, fine restaurants and charm.
ECU students enjoy high service standards and facilities, including wireless internet, 24-hour access to e-lab facilities, fully resourced libraries and a safe, welcoming environment, as well as:
- pre-departure advice
- arrival reception
- orientation programs
- automated teller machines (ATMs)
- a childcare centre/crèche
- coffee shops
- e-labs (24 hours per day, seven days per week)
- a hairdresser
- health services
- learning advisers
- a library
- a peer mentoring program
- security (24 hours per day, seven days per week)
- sport and fitness centres
- a student counselling service
- a student guild
- career and leadership services
- a volunteering program.
We recognise that international students have special needs and we are dedicated to providing support to ensure your success at ECU.
ECU offers more than 300 courses and prepares students for the real world with the right balance of practical knowledge and academic excellence. ECU offers courses in the following study areas:
- biology and environmental sciences
- communications and arts
- computing and security
- engineering and technology
- exercise and health sciences
- law and justice
- medical and paramedical sciences
- psychology and social science
- teacher education
- Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
For more information, visit reachyourpotential.com.au/international.
- ECU is located in the vibrant, sophisticated city of Perth, Western Australia - the closest major Australian city to Asia, Africa and Europe. Perth is known for being friendly, safe and relaxed but offers all the cosmopolitan attractions of a large international city.
- The university has two metropolitan campuses in Joondalup and Mount Lawley and a regional campus in Bunbury, a city 200km south of Perth.
- All campuses offer a wide range of study and recreational facilities and a variety of services.
2 Bradford Street MOUNT LAWLEY WA Australia