About the Bachelor of Arts - Dance
This is an intensive and challenging course where performance and classroom practice are central to the philosophy of the program. It encourages students to pursue individual goals as dance artists, choreographers, teachers or researchers. This course also provides an insight into dance as an art form and a social and educative experience. It develops skills in communication, critical thinking, research and analysis and demands that students be creatively productive in whatever area of interest they pursue. Provision is made for students with dance backgrounds other than ballet and contemporary, such as classical Indian dance, to audition and continue to study in their specialist dance style.
Campuses and Duration
|Mount Lawley||3 years|
More information about Edith Cowan University Add
At Edith Cowan University (ECU), we provide the ideal learning environment for students who want to reach their potential. Located in the beautiful city of Perth, Western Australia, ECU is an innovative university that prides itself on being relevant to the real world. And, with more than 400 courses, from bachelor degrees through to masters and doctoral degrees, you'll have no problem finding the right course for you.
ECU received five-star ratings for teaching quality and graduate satisfaction from The Good Universities Guide 2014. ECU was one of only five universities to receive five-star ratings in both categories. In the QS World University Rankings by Subject for 2013, ECU was named in the top 200 worldwide for education and training, and communications and media.
ECU has two metropolitan campuses in Mount Lawley and Joondalup, and a regional South West campus in Bunbury. Regardless of which campus you attend, you will find up-to-date facilities like wireless internet, 24-hour access to large computing lab facilities, libraries with open study spaces available outside of office hours and a safe environment for you to study in either by yourself or with other students. With more than 23,500 students making up the culturally diverse student body, ECU has approximately 4000 international students from 104 countries around the world.
At ECU, we provide a supportive learning environment through a variety of services and facilities, including:
- an arrival reception service
- automated teller machines (ATMs)
- a childcare centre/creche
- coffee shops
- e-labs (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- a hairdresser
- health services
- learning advisers
- a library
- orientation programs
- plenty of parking
- security (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- sport and fitness centres
- a student counselling service
- a student guild
- student recruitment and career services.
We recognise that international students have special needs and we are dedicated to providing support to ensure your success at ECU.
We have more than 400 courses that offer you the flexibility to mix and match, often across different study areas and disciplines. Double majoring across different study areas allows you to specialise in two different areas within a single degree program.
Our study areas include:
- biology and environmental sciences
- communications and arts
- computing and security
- engineering and technology
- exercise and health sciences
- law and justice
- medical and paramedical sciences
- nursing and midwifery
- psychology and social science
- teacher education
- Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
Our courses are often the only of their kind in Western Australia or even Australia. Some of our unique and specialised programs include Aviation, broadcasting, counterterrorism security and intelligence, motorsports, performing arts and screen studies.
- ECU is located in the vibrant, sophisticated city of Perth, Western Australia - the closest major Australian city to Asia, Africa and Europe. Perth is known for being friendly, safe and relaxed but offers all the cosmopolitan attractions of a large international city.
- The university has two metropolitan campuses in Joondalup and Mount Lawley and a regional campus in Bunbury, a city 200km south of Perth.
- All campuses offer a wide range of study and recreational facilities and a variety of services.
2 Bradford Street MOUNT LAWLEY WA Australia